Youth Service Committee – Coordinates the work of all subcommittees engaged in activities, programs, and events focused on youth. Oversees training, implementation, and monitoring of the club and its members in compliance with district Youth Protection Program policies.
4-Way Speech Contest Subcommittee – Coordinates and promotes the club’s participation in the District 5110 annual 4-Way Speech Contest.
- Recruits up to six contestants from North Valley High School to compete during a club meeting prior to April 1 each year
- Schedules club 4-Way Speech Contest with our Program Committee and provides MC
- Arranges for three club members to act as a judging panel for the club’s speech contest
- Coordinates with area Rotary clubs to organize the semi-finals contest for club winners
Interact Subcommittee – Advises the North Valley High School Interact Club
- Collaborates with Faculty FBLA Advisor to meet school and Interact requirements
- Attends Interact Club meetings to provide mentoring as they plan fundraisers and community service projects, encouraging collaboration on joint projects with Rogue Gateway Rotary Club
Rotaract Subcommittee – Maintains a supportive connection with the RCC/SOU Rotaract Club/s.
- Seeks opportunities for mutual collaboration and sharing of information
RYE Subcommittee – Rotary Youth Exchange (RYE) oversees the participation, activities, and safety of inbound and outbound exchange students.
- Collaborates with other area clubs to promote student applications and arrange participation of club members as interviewers at annual district selection meeting
- Recruits and screens host families for inbound students, conducts in-home interviews, assures compliance with Rotary International application, screening, and training policies
- Supports and encourages sponsored exchange students, arranges for payment of school fees and monthly allowance, and oversees resolution of conflicts and problems
- Assures engagement of both inbound and outbound RYE students in club activities
RYLA Subcommittee – Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA) sponsor a summer camp for high school sophomores in leadership, citizenship, and personal growth. The subcommittee:
- Promotes RYLA applications from sophomores at North Valley High School
- Interviews applicants and selects winners and alternates
- Coordinates camp attendance arrangements with winners and alternates
- Arranges with participants and Program Committee for presentation of experience to club
Service Above Self Subcommittee – Recognizes an outstanding student from one of the seven local high schools each month during the school year (October-May except December).
- Works with high school liaisons to identify their recipients according to award criteria
- Arranges, collects, and presents awards (gift cards, certificates, etc.) and schedules presentation with Program Committee for third Thursday each month during school year
- Coordinates presentation by inviting and introducing school liaison, student, and student’s family and friends, assuring a brief introduction from the school liaison and highlights of involvements and future plans from the student